Change Logo for
Internet Explorer and windows explorer (My computer, My documents, etc. folders) look simple as
there is no backgroud image. It is very easy to change the background image.
1) Make any picture of 800*120 pixels if your screen mode is 800 by 600. If your screen mode is
1024 by 768 then make 1024*150 pixels picture.
Use any picture editor like Adobe photoshop, Ulead photoimact, etc.
White or light coloured pictures are preffered. But any colour is ok. Bigger images are also OK
but some portion of picture will not be displayed.
2) Now save your image as c:\back.bmp in plain Windows Bitmap Format(BMP).
3) Now Start Menu > Run
4) Type "regedit" in text box and click "Open" Button
5) A Windows registry editor program will be started. Open following path
It is easy to open above path. Double click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Then double click on Software
Then Double click on Microsoft and further. When Toolbar key is opened, right click on right
pane(window) and left click "New>" and then left click "String Value".
6) Rename "New Value #1" as "BackBitmap". Right click on BackBitmap and left click "Modify"
7) In opened window, in value data text box type "c:\back.bmp" (Path and name of pic file) and
Close regedit program. Restart Windows. Open My computer/Internet Explorer. Enjoy!!